Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Obviously I Suck... Whoops

So obviously I suck, and I would tell you to get over it if I were already over it.

I just re-read my post from more than a literal year ago, and just high-fived myself in my head. Because I can. And because I am so so so proud of my writing post-college. It's the little things.

And I have never been more proud of my professional self. And over the course of this blog post (and hopefully more to follow p.s. I suck at routine) I will explain to you, avid, avid reader, why I cannot be an adult yet, but I'm up for some award in dabbling in stupidity and over-exertion like I always do.

So, let's catch you up since I've been doing a horrible job at that thing I'm supposed to be doing for my own sanity.

Since July 15, 2013 I have:

- started a new position as a OR RN Resident
- graduated and become an OR RN I
- joined AORN
- become a Board Member of AORN
- traveled to an AORN conference
- signed up for more AORN conferences
- signed up to be a delegate for the Dallas AORN at Nationals
- been through a hefty amount of healthy or unhealthy relationships lasting from nights to months 
- found a potentially all-in mate
- got an old piercing back
- got a new piercing
- got a tattoo
- went to Miami
- went to Vegas
- went to ATX for fun
- went to HTX for friends
- been in 2 weddings
- been a part of 2 divorces (or near-divorces)
- had 2 very close friends die
- lost my online, one-email-a-night, diary
- forgot how much I love to write, and draw, and paint, and etc.
- forgot how much I hate laundry (I swear it just sits on your bed and stares at you)
- renewed my love for football
- and hockey
- and my family
- found a new love in boxing (no really, I couldn't live without boxing)
- found I can be relatable
- found I can be completely, unapologetically un-relatable
- forget how I act when I drink more than coffee
- renewed friendships
- signed up for grad school (what was I thinking)
- said "see you later" because "good bye" was too hard


And so, dear reader, I couldn't tell you what's been more fun. Finding what I'm good at, or finding what I should never do again. But I will tell you that traveling is on my mind. And puppies are on my mind. And in the near future (whatever near means to your own person), I could have a white picket fence type of life. That I never, ever, in a million years, thought I would achieve.


So now, here is my "thing". I want to make a vlog, but this blog will suffice for the time being. I want to make an advice book for young OR RNs (because I cannot fathom what other nurses do during their shifts because it is all SO FOREIGN) and this is gonna jump-start something or another.

So, let's back up shall we?..

No comments:

Post a Comment